The University of California Educational Evaluation Center (UCEC)
is dedicated to harnessing the content and methodological expertise
of the UC system to enhance the evaluation of educational programs
and practices, leading to improved educational policy and practice.
About the UCEC
The University of California Educational Evaluation Center utilizes the system-wide expertise of nationally-recognized scholars to address educational problems through the rigorous evaluation of potential educational solutions. Through these evaluations, the UCEC contributes to the knowledge base of effective policies and practices (PK–20 and beyond) with the goal of improving data use and decision-making.
The combined experience of the UCEC Site Directors offers content and methodological expertise to successfully conduct national, state, and local educational evaluations. In addition, the strategic locations of each of the partner campuses give the UCEC a presence in all the major regions of a bellwether state, maximizing the Center’s capacity to conduct both state and local evaluations that also have national significance.
- is an independent player in the evaluation arena
- is positioned to be a powerful voice in the debate on effective educational policies and practices
- contributes to the knowledge base of effective approaches at all levels of education
- drives innovation and promotes the utility of well-designed educational evaluations
- uses rigorous evaluation practices and develops and assesses novel evaluation techniques
- serves as a unique training site for the study of methodological design and substantive outcomes of educational evaluations
The UCEC offers:
- access to a wide network of nationally-recognized scholars with experience in both research and evaluation
- expertise to conduct national, state, and local evaluations
- guidelines and practical advice for policymakers and evaluators
- guidance for data creation, storage, and use to support decision-making and practice
- normative intervention implementation procedures to support rigorous evaluation
- expertise in the latest research and evaluation methods
- interpretation of evaluation results that facilitates knowledge creation
- an infrastructure capable of meeting all reporting requirements.